Our client, located in beautiful Woodland, WA is searching for a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation and maintenance of their plant’s production and utility equipment. The perfect candidate will possess the following: strong mechanical & problem-solving skills, positive attitude, good communication skills, people management skills, good time management skills, knowledgeable and above all honest, responsible, and self-motivated.This position is a “working manager” with a team of 8-9 technicians and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, trains, assists, and supervises maintenance team. This includes personnel responsible for the operation and maintenance of the power, waste treatment, warehouse, and refrigeration facilities.
- Manages a sound preventative & predictive maintenance program for general plant and utility equipment.
- Plans and manages adequate spare parts inventory.
- Evaluates the operation of plant equipment and makes recommendations for changes to improve equipment operating performance and directs completion of work.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with other department managers.
- Manages annual maintenance budget and makes recommendations/request for changes as appropriate.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with company security, sanitation and housekeeping standards, and applicable government regulations.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a maintenance or facilities department in a manufacturing environment, preferably the food industry
- 5+ years’ experience in a maintenance and/or facilities technician role
- Strong mechanical problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills with ability to multi task
- Knowledgeable of electrical controls and PLCs
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work with all levels of the organization
- Must be a solid, common-sense decision-maker who works well under time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with scales & refrigeration equipment
- Experience with stainless steel welding a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent.