Assistant Category Manager
Our client, a large Oregon based retailer, is looking for an Assistant Category Manager in their Portland, OR headquarters. In business for 60 years, our client is committed to total customer satisfaction and is proud to offer a more personal shopping experience than a big box retailer. The Assistant Category Manager is directly responsible for overseeing the corporate merchandising program.
What you will do:
- Oversee accuracy of all pricing initiatives.
- Develop and communicate new product introductions and exit strategies for discontinued products/models
- Partner with marketing on ads, ensure that each store has adequate representation of advertised product
- Set and maintain base and promotional prices in a manner that supports corporate sales.
- Execute and communicate all major price changes and promotional pricings.
- Look for ways to automate pricing systems and web posting of prices on the company website.
- Communicate regularly with the sales team with regard to changes in costs, pricing, availability, new products introductions, and discontinued products.
- Partner to drive the development and implementation of a merchandising plan, tailoring it to the store size/location.
- Working with Store Managers to ensure that product presentation in all stores is first class in appearance
What you will bring:
- Five (5) years of work experience in buying and merchandising
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Some air travel required to attend buying shows or other events.
- Excellent computer skills and experience including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, in a high stress, fast paced retail environment.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal).
- Balance needs of internal demands without compromising business metrics.
Nice to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business Management 5-7 years experience in a related field.
- Experience with GERS/MMHF software.
What you will get:
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision.
- 401k Plan with company match
- Flex Spending Plan
- Supplementary AFLAC plans available
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer sponsored long term disability, life insurance and accidental death coverage
- Employee Purchase discounts and Vendor discounts
Schedule is M-F 8am to 5pm, with some flexibility if needed.