Established in 1980, our client is dedicated to providing superior quality herbs, spices, and custom blends to food manufacturers and food service distributors. They pride themselves in sourcing products that their customers can use with confidence and trust.
A locally owned company, located in NE Portland close to the airport, they are committed to being outstanding in all they do. A supportive and healthy work environment is of paramount importance. Their values are reflected in how they treat their team members, with the average length of employment close to a decade. They are looking for an Accountant.
Basic Job Functions
- General ledger, accounts payable, and account receivable
- Bank reconciliations & cash management
- Capital asset tracking & depreciation
- Inventory valuation
- Costing and pricing
- Account reconciliations & accruals
- Weekly payables processing, including manual checks, ACH & wire payments ensuring maximization of anticipation discounts
- Weekly processing of AP utilizing credit card function
- Process Direct Invoices, manage timely invoicing
- Aging/Reconciliation of AP (open PO’s & outstanding checks)
- Month and year end closing
- Assist with preparation of monthly P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Assist CFO and Controller in preparation and management of budgets and forecasts; implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Support audits
- Oversee cash management and collections to optimize working capital
- Review, update and implement company accounting processes and controls including timely billing, internal and external merchandise financing, cash receipts processing, credit limit assessment, lien procedures, and credit contracts
- Expense report processing
- Office management
- Oversee basic facilities, supplies and office environment;
- Assist with purchasing process
- Assist with other miscellaneous administrative projects
- Direct oversight of Accounting specialist(s), including identifying training needs and conducting performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field.
- Three to Five years of experience in Accounting, manufacturing industry preferred
- Experience with ERP and Accounting software.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Detailed oriented a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under stress and to resolve issues logically while under pressure.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, use good judgment and follow through.
- Team player who interfaces with operations, administrative, human resources and sales teams
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
· Experience with MS Dynamics Nav
Schedule: M-F 8-5
· Medical and Vision insurance with employer contributions towards costs
· 100% employer sponsored Dental
· 100% employer sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Retirement plan with employer contributions
· Paid Holidays
· Sick and Vacation time