Human Resources Director - WVCO
The Willamette Valley Company LLC is seeking a hands-on, full-time HR Director role in its Eugene, Oregon corporate office for all United States employees. This role includes responsibility for multiple locations and functional disciplines (Sales, Administration, Research & Development, Manufacturing). The position reports to the President. The applicant will be responsible for managing all aspects of the employee and contingent worker lifecycle, including, but not limited to: recruiting, employee relations, benefits programs, training and development, performance management, compensation, HR regulatory compliance, succession planning, and employee health and safety. Another key aspect of this role will be combining learned knowledge of business objectives with functional HR knowledge and expertise to support and advise management on HR-related issues, including policies, processes and programs to help meet company objectives.
- Model behaviors that align with The Willamette Valley Company LLC’s mission statement (Partnering through Service, Innovation, and Integrity) and coach or influence others to do the same, especially leaders and managers.
- Maintain and improve HR programs, policies, practices and tools, including performance management, succession planning, change management, and corrective action, etc.
- Partner with leaders to drive safety culture transformation in the organization.
- Facilitate or coordinate training on key company personnel and safety policies to ensure leaders, managers and employees have a clear understanding of them.
- Drive common interpretation of HR policies throughout the organization.
- Participate with leadership to identify hiring needs and then determine process and strategy to fill vacancies. Strategic participation in the interviewing and selection process to facilitate selection of best qualified candidates through a fair and legally defensible process.
- Partner with management in the selection and development of leadership talent through execution of effective succession planning.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate on-boarding and new hire orientations.
- Provide counsel to leaders and managers on employee relations issues, including, but not limited to: corrective action, conflict resolution, and harassment, utilizing Legal resource(s), when appropriate, to resolve issues in a prompt and fair manner that minimizes company and individual legal risk.
- Partner with the accounting payroll function to ensure accuracy of employee data in HRIS by performing quarterly audits and making any necessary changes.
- Participate and/or lead project teams on an as-needed basis.
- Advocate for employees by resolving conflict and seeking win-win solutions, promoting positive and effective employee relations
- Oversee and supervise HR staff.
- Facilitate change effectively by first understanding the business need(s) for change, its impact on people and then effectively introducing and driving the necessary changes.
- 10+ years of HR experience with increasing responsibility
- Ability to partner strategically on business issues with management
- Effective influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Verbal and written communication skills, including active listening
- Ability to successfully drive change and implement new business processes
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading, coaching and mentoring others
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office effectively
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize work
- Experience working with HRIS systems
Preferred Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- PHR or SPHR Certification
OtherEmployment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.