Our client, located in beautiful Woodland, WA is searching for a Warehouse Manager. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for the management of warehouse employees, local inventory management and control, developing and managing expenses to budget, inbound and outbound processes for moving materials and equipment. This role will also be responsible for freight and logistics management (internal and external) in alignment with the requirements of our customers, and third-party providers. The Warehouse Manager will successfully manage the receipt, put-away, storage, pick and shipment of materials by effectively designing and developing product movement and storage systems, improving operational efficiencies, and managing staff performance in line with company goals. The Warehouse Manager will be an advocate for positive change and growth and will manage in alignment with the company’s defined strategic and financial objectives.
Warehouse Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees all inventory that comes in and out of the warehouse.
- Manages inventory once it is in the warehouse to ensure accurate record-keeping and ensures the efficient movement and distribution of products.
- Schedules, oversees, and monitors all deliveries of products by coordinating with other departments, including project department and sales department.
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes. Manages labor to established budgets and productivity goals.
- Identifies problems in a proactive manner, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analysis, searches for best solutions, and responds quickly to new challenges.
- Makes clear, consistent, transparent decisions; acts with integrity in all decision making; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information and makes timely decisions.
- Works collectively with managers throughout Operations to support further optimization of the entire company warehouse management model.
- Oversee the operation of the site’s trucks; to include maintenance, drivers training, and safety
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring and inspecting adherence to standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with organizational processes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- 2-4 years of experience in commercial distribution/manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years of managerial experience in commercial distribution/manufacturing
- 2-3 years of experience with inventory control /inventory management
- 1 year of Windows based ERP Systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Syteline, Navision)
- 1 year of Windows, Office Modules (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Food industry experience
- Experience and/or training in Lean Methodologies a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and a collaborative work style
- Spanish Language Ability a plus
- Cold Storage experience