Order Processing Specialist
Our client, located in beautiful Woodland, WA, is searching for an Order Processing Specialist. The Order Processing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all customer orders are processed and shipped according to customer specifications. The perfect candidate will possess the following: attention to detail, positive attitude, good interpersonal & communication skills, good time management skills, quick learner and above all honest, responsible, and self-motivated. The Order Processing Specialist reports directly to the Controller and supports the sales and accounting/finance function of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing customer Purchase Orders (PO’s) including verification of special order instructions.
- Works with production, warehouse, and shipping to process customer orders
- Assess inventory levels as it pertains to upcoming and current orders
- Oversee invoicing (A/R) function and provide invoicing backup when needed
- Handle customer complaints and inquiries related to shipping
- Assist with collection efforts assuring industrial & retail customer payments are received.
- 3-5 years of experience processing customer orders in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment.
- Ability to work well with all members of the organization
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to multi task
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work with internal department and customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Food industry experience preferred
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field